Explore and Restore, a department of Environmental Survey Consulting (ESC), is an environmental education program that combines hands-on science and habitat restoration projects designed to empower students in the world of
science, and to develop a sense of stewardship and commitment to protect our natural habitats.
ESC’s Explore and Restore can develop tailor-made programs for each client that addresses specific issues for each site.
Explore and Restore offers the following services:
- Curriculum development: After assessing a client’s site and collaborating with stakeholders, a program will be developed combining specific aspects and needs of the site with curriculum for the identified age group.
- Teacher training: After development of the program, teachers can be trained to either run the program on their own, or work in collaboration with Explore and Restore leaders.
- Volunteer program: Working in collaboration with the client, Explore and Restore can train volunteers to become group leaders.
- Experienced team leaders: The Explore and Restore Team can offer, on a limited basis, experienced group leaders to work with inexperienced volunteers until volunteers are confident to run the program on their own.
- Site Development (like Blackshear)
- ESC Explore and Restore can work through Power Your Mission to seek and obtain funding for programs.
- Schools that want to enhance their science curriculum
- Environmental organizations that want to develop educational programs for the community
- Neighborhood organizations that want to create outreach programs for their greenbelts
- Other groups that want an environmental education program for their site
WHERE ARE OUR PROJECTS?
Explore and Restore programs can be developed for:
- School yards
- Wildlife sanctuaries
- Nature preserves
- Other natural areas